We all know that intimacy and love go a long way to determine the quality of our lives, and this is all the more important for those over the age of 65. They play a factor in later life to improve happiness, well-being and overall health. However, finding a partner becomes quite a bit of a challenge in the later stages of life; let us see how to go about senior dating.
Over 60 dating has its challenges, but it’s not impossible. The senior population has seen a steady rise over the last decade, due to improvements in healthcare facilities. Hence, the overall quality of life increases, and along with it, a need for love and relationships. Knowing where to look is the key, and here are some places;
- The Internet: a very notable way in which the dating scene has changed is the use of Internet facilities. Senior dating app makes it easier for over 60 dating because you do not have to move around as much. Some apps are specifically designed for them with the help of counsellors and psychologists, so as to catch the wavelength of the older generation. Customised for those above 60 years, they allow a person to chat, browse through profiles, and upload articles they’ve written. Above all, they provide one with the safety and security which is direly needed in these times.
- A community centre: Community centres are places where outings and gatherings take place, allowing a lot of seniors to meet and greet one another, thus providing social stimulation. A senior centre will often have a calendar of events as well as special celebrations. This is a very useful opportunity to meet others in the same age group.
- Dating coach and matchmakers: Many a senior has not warmed up to digital interaction because it feels alien to them. For those who are shy of social gatherings, a dating coach or a matchmaker is very handy indeed. For example there are around 300 matchmakers in the USA who also extend their services to seniors. However, they can be quite pricey, often to the tune of $2500 as a starting fee. These services include a host of personality tests and spiritual background information amongst other facilities.
- Neighbourhood and stores: For those who play by the book; libraries, grocery stores in the neighbourhood, and hobby venues are useful places to meet others in the same age group and exchange pleasantries. Many friendships have been struck up in these places that have stood the test of time and improved the quality of life of the participants. Needless to say, a bit of extra effort is called for on the part of the seniors.
- Senior living community: A lot of people find companionship and love amidst the settings of a senior community centre. When a person lives in proximity with others, and breaks bread with them, it helps to create a close knit relationship and a feeling of togetherness.
Some facts you need to know
- Older women, more often than not, see themselves as unattractive because of society’s obsession with youth and beauty. They fail to see that beauty lies in the mind.
- On an average, a woman outlives a man by 8 years. This means that in a community centre, for example, there will be 7 women for each man.
- A lot of older men who are well established go in for younger wives. This means it is more likely that an older man will embark on starting a family rather than seek out a partner his age.
- Older men lose their virility and tend to feel inferior to their younger counterparts.
No matter what, one needs to understand that companionship and happiness are all that matter. One should not go by age but by compatibility. If you need to download senior dating apps, you can visit Bestseniordatingapp.com!